- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (7 to 8 lbs.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced
- 4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Bibb lettuce leaves, steamed rice and sriracha, for serving
Place the pork in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and salt; sprinkle all over the pork. Cover; chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees . Pat the pork dry. Transfer to a large roasting pan and roast, basting with pan juices every hour, until very tender, about 6 hours.
In a small bowl, mix the scallions, ginger, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon juice, sesame oil and 2 tbsp. water to make the dipping sauce.
Let the pork rest 15 minutes; transfer to a work surface and coarsely shred, discarding the fat. Serve with the dipping sauce, lettuce leaves, rice and sriracha.