Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb. fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mixed fresh cilantro and flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 tbsp. grated onion
- 3 cloves garlic—2 finely chopped, 1 crushed
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder or crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper. Mix in the chorizo, herbs, 1 tbsp. oil, egg, onion, chopped garlic, and Worcestershire. Roll into 24 meatballs. Arrange the meatballs on the baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Roast until browned and cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes.
3. For the romesco sauce, in a food processor or blender, puree the red peppers, nuts, vinegar, chili powder, smoked paprika, crushed garlic, and the remaining 3 tbsp. oil.
4. Serve the meatballs with the romesco sauce.