Recipe by Mike Ward
|Active Time||Total Time||Servings|
- 2 bunches kale, center stalks removed and leaves torn into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. On a baking sheet, toss a handful of the kale with 1 tbsp. oil. Bake, turning once, until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes.
2. In a dry skillet, cook the prosciutto over medium-high heat until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; let cool. Crumble.
3. In a large pot with a lid, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add the remaining kale, the leek, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the kale wilts, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and beans. Cover partially and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the spinach and 1/2 cup cream. Puree the soup; season.
4. Divide the soup among bowls. Drizzle with cream. Top with the kale chips and crispy prosciutto.