Recipe by Brad Koehler
This recipe originally appeared in our Harvest 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Tuscan kale (about 2 bunches), center stems removed, leaves sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 3 small pears, such as Seckel pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or feta (optional)
1. In a large bowl, season the kale with salt. Drizzle with EVOO. Using your hands, massage the salt and EVOO into the kale until the kale softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic, thinning with a little bit of water if too thick. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the kale and toss to coat. Top with the pecans, pears, and cheese, if using.