Recipe by Cara Mangini
- Makes about 3 cupsServings
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oz. curly kale, stemmed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. lemon zest plus 2 tbsp. juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
In medium pot, cook garlic in boiling salted water for 30 seconds; transfer to food processor and finely chop. Add kale to boiling water; cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse until cooled; squeeze dry. Add 1/4 cup pine nuts to food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add kale, Parmesan, lemon zest, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp. cumin; pulse until kale is finely chopped. With machine running, gradually add 1/4 cup EVOO. Season pesto. In bowl, mix yogurt, 1/2 cup pesto, and remaining 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. cumin; season. Swirl in remaining pesto; drizzle with EVOO. Top with pine nuts.
This recipe is part of our epic crudités party platter! Click here to get the rest of the recipes.