- Four 6- to 8-oz. potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Potatoes: Pierce four 6- to 8-oz. potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet, rub with olive oil and season. Bake at 425° until tender when pierced with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes. Split the top of each potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. With a fork, fluff potatoes until flesh is airy; season.
Topping: In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium; add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel. Add the kale; cook over medium-high, stirring constantly, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper; season. Drizzle fluffed and seasoned potatoes with oil; top with the kale and garlic chips.
As seen on Rachael Ray Every Day's March 2017 cover: