- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 4 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 English (hothouse) cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Store-bought tzatziki, for topping
In a medium bowl, mix the ground lamb, 2 tbsp. EVOO, oregano, garlic and cumin. Form into 4 patties (thinner in the centers for even cooking). Transfer to a plate; cover and refrigerate while preparing the marinated cucumbers.
In another medium bowl, mix the cucumbers, onion, vinegar, dill and 2 tbsp. EVOO. Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate.
Heat a griddle pan, a large, heavy skillet or a grill over high. Season the patties; cook, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Drizzle the cut sides of the ciabatta rolls with EVOO and cook, cut sides down, until charred in spots, about 2 minutes.
Divide the patties among the roll bottoms. Add a tomato slice, some tzatziki, some of the marinated cucumber mixture and the roll tops. Serve the burgers with the remaining marinated cucumbers on the side.