Recipe by Sarah Tenaglia
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tbsp. habanero hot sauce
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tsp. jerk seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 scallions—2 finely chopped and 1 thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (6 to 7 oz. each)
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 limes—1 juiced (about 2 tbsp.) and 1 quartered
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 450° or preheat a grill over medium. In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce, allspice, jerk seasoning and nutmeg with the finely chopped scallions and 1 tbsp. ginger.
2. Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon 1 tbsp. scallion mixture under the skin of each chicken thigh; spread the remaining scallion mixture all over the chicken. Bake, basting once with the pan drippings, or grill until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple, lime juice and jalapeños with the sliced scallions and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. ginger; season. Serve the chicken with the pineapple salsa and lime wedges.