- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries, washed and picked through
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 firm-ripe bartlett pearpeeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 turbinado or raw sugar
- 2 2/3 unsweetened pure cranberry juice, chilled
- 3 packets (1/4 oz. each) unflavored gelatin
1. Using a food processor, pulse the cranberries, orange, pear and 7 tbsp. sugar until the fruit is coarsely chopped.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup cranberry juice, the gelatin and the remaining sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the fruit mixture and the remaining 12/3 cups cranberry juice. Transfer to a 5-by-9-inch nonstick loaf pan. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Run a warm thin knife between the outer edge of the gelatin and the pan. If needed, fill a large baking dish with hot water and dip the pan in the water to help loosen. Carefully unmold the cranberry sauce onto a serving platter.