- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen mixed carrots, peas and corn, not thawed
- 1 15 ounce box Pillsbury Just Unroll piecrusts (two 9-inch piecrust rounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a saucepan, cover the potato with cold water, bring to a simmer and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, jalapeño, allspice and turmeric and cook until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cooked potatoes and the frozen mixed vegetables and let cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the piecrusts one at a time and cut three 6-inch rounds from each. Combine the scraps, roll out and cut out 2 more rounds.
4. Place 1/4 cup filling in the center of each round; season with salt and pepper. Moisten the edges with water, fold the dough over to form half moons and crimp the edges with a fork. Transfer the turnovers to a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.