- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound hollow, ridged corkscrew pasta, such as cavatappi
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
While the pasta is working, in a skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the jalapenos, serranos and garlic and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Add to the pasta.
Preheat the broiler. In a saucepan, add the milk, cream cheese and dried onion over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until smooth, about 5 minutes; add to the pasta. Stir in the cheese; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the pasta to a baking dish; broil until browned, about 3 minutes.