- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cucumberspeeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the jalapeno, olive oil, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the shrimp and turn to coat. Grill the shrimp until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side; let cool. Halve the shrimp lengthwise.
In a large bowl, dissolve the brown sugar in the lime juice. Add the mangoes, cucumbers, radishes, scallions and cilantro; toss and season with salt. Add the shrimp and toss.