Recipe by Jacques Pépin
Adapted from A Grandfather's Lessons by Jacques Pépin. Copyright © 2017 by Jacques Pépin. Used by Permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 fillets (about 4 oz. each) black sea bass
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup spicy salsa (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup sliced mild onion, such as Vidalia or Maui
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- Avocado, Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
1. Heat a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high. Season the fish with salt and pepper; coat with the oil. Add to the skillet and cook until browned and almost opaque in the center, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
2. Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave on high until warm, about 1 minute. Fill the tortillas with the fish and the lettuce, salsa, onion, cilantro and jalapeño to your liking. Serve the tacos with the Avocado, Tomato & Mozzarella Salad.
More Jacques! Check out Jacques Pépin Cooks With His Granddaughter