Recipe by Jacques Pépin
Adapted from A Grandfather's Lessons by Jacques Pépin. Copyright © 2017 by Jacques Pépin. Used by Permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- Prep Time
- Makes 12Servings
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, broken or cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 12 fresh blueberries
- About 1 tbsp. unsalted shelled pistachios
- 12 almonds
- 12 hazelnuts
- 1-2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves stripped from stem
1. In a bowl, microwave the chocolate on high 1 minute. Let rest 30 seconds, then microwave for another minute. The chocolate should be melted by then, but if it isn’t, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
2. Arrange 12 tiny frilled paper cups on a plate. Pour about 2 tsp. melted chocolate into each cup. Before the chocolate sets, arrange the berries, nuts and mint leaves on top, mixing and matching in whatever combinations you prefer. Push down lightly to embed them in the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets, 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Peel the paper cups off the hardened chocolate and arrange the treats on a dessert plate. Keep refrigerated until serving time.
More Jacques! Check out Jacques Pépin Cooks With His Granddaughter