Recipe by Jacques Pépin
Adapted from A Grandfather's Lessons by Jacques Pépin. Copyright © 2017 by Jacques Pépin. Used by Permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- Prep Time
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 large ripe tomato (about 8 oz.), chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. peanut or almond oil
- Sliced chives for garnish, optional
Using a teaspoon measure, scoop olive-size pieces of avocado into a medium bowl. Reserve the avocado shell. Toss in the lemon juice, scallions, tomato, mozzarella and oil; season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup of the salad onto each plate; fill shells with the remaining salad. Place 1 avocado half in the middle of the mixture on the plates. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.
More Jacques! Check out Jacques Pépin Cooks With His Granddaughter