- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the joint
- 8 ounces cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Cut a slit into the meatiest part of each wing. Stuff each wing with a mozzarella cube and pull the meat and skin back over the cheese.
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg; in another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan and season with salt. Working with 1 wing at a time, coat each with the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture and place on a greased rack set on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the tomato puree and cayenne over medium heat; season with salt. Serve with the wings.