- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup (41/2 oz.) whole-wheat couscous
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces tricolor mini sweet bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 container (5 oz.) baby spinach
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) pitted prunes, chopped
Preheat the broiler. Cook the couscous according to package directions. Let cool.
Thread the chicken and peppers onto 8 skewers. In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp. oil and 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar; brush on skewers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Broil, turning once, until the chicken is cooked, about 6 minutes.
In a bowl, toss the spinach, onion, prunes, couscous and the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. vinegar. Serve with the skewers.