- 6 eggs
- 1 pound small new potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/4- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground fennel seed
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce heart - cored, trimmed and shredded
- 1 head radicchio, cored and shredded
- 1 bundle arugula, chopped
- 1 small ripe hand melon - peeled, seeded, quartered and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lime, juiced
- Coarse black pepper
- 1/3- 1/2 pound prosciutto di Parma
- 3 - 4 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, sliced
- 1/2 pound crumbled ricotta salata
In a medium pot, cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil. Cover pot, remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Fill a bowl with cold water; add the eggs, crack the shells and peel under water. Slice the eggs 1/4 inch thick.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, cover the potatoes with water, salt it and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
Whisk up a dressing of the lemon juice, mustard, honey, garlic, EVOO and fennel pollen; season to taste. Toss 1/2 cup of the dressing with the potatoes, shallot and capers.
Place the romaine, radicchio and arugula on a platter. Arrange the eggs and potatoes in two stripes on top. Dress the melon with the lime juice and season with coarse pepper; wrap with prosciutto and arrange as a third stripe. Add a stripe of tomatoes and basil. Top with the ricotta salata.