- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon black bean puree
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chived
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped cilantro, for garnishing
Place the eggs in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to a full boil. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise (or trim the tops to expose the yolks, then trim the bottoms to stand the eggs upright). Remove the yolks; transfer to a bowl. Add mayo, the onion and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Add. jalapeno, black bean puree, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, ground cumin, cayenne and chopped chives.
Cut a corner off a resealable plastic bag; fill it with the yolk mixture. Pipe into the egg whites. Garnish with chopped cilantro.