- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 limes-1 juiced (about 2 tbsp.), 1 quartered
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado-halved, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1 pound head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces pepper jack, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup pico de gallo
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Using 1/2 tbsp. of the oil, brush both sides of the tortillas. Cut in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk 2 tbsp. oil and 2 tbsp. lime juice. Toss with the beans and avocado.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, scallions and cheese. Add the bean-avocado mixture and toss gently to combine. Divide among bowls.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp. oil over medium. Crack the eggs into the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook until the whites are just set but the yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.
Top each salad with tortilla strips and an egg. Spoon 1/4 cup pico de gallo over each portion and serve with the lime wedges.