- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoespeeled, halved, cored and seeded
- 2 pounds filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, cut on an angle into 1/2-inch pieces, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 cups steamed white rice, for serving
Cut the tomato halves lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; transfer to a bowl. Carefully slice the beef lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick strips. In a medium bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the scallion whites and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the beef and stir-fry until just browned on the outside, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and the reserved soy sauce mixture; cook until the sauce boils and thickens, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the scallion greens on top and serve with the rice.