- 1 ball One-Hour Dough
- Flour, for dusting
- Fine semolina or cornmeal, for dusting the peel
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino
- 6 - 8 slices hot soppressata
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley tops
Make the dough. At least an hour before you're ready to bake the pizzas, place a pizza stone in your oven and preheat the oven as high as it will go (around 550 degrees ).
On a floured surface, roll the dough to a 10- to 12-inch round and transfer to a semolina-dusted pizza peel. Using the back of a spoon, slather the pizza sauce on the dough in a thin layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover the sauce with the mozzarella, pecorino and soppressata.
Bake 5 to 6 minutes, then broil 1 to 2 minutes to char the edges. When you remove the pizza from the oven, top with the red onion and parsley.