- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 1 pound bag baby carrots
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
Using a food processor, pulse the onion 4 times to chop. Transfer to a medium pot, add the olive oil and ginger and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onion is golden, about 3 minutes. Pulse the carrots in the food processor to chop finely. Add to the pot along with the chicken broth, cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Wipe out the food processor.
Puree the soup in batches in the food processor and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the honey and season with salt. Serve hot and topped with toasted croutons or at room temperature with chives and whipped cream.