- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Grated peel of 1 lemon plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 5 10 ounce containers salted mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
In a large saucepan, bring the thawed fruits and their juices, the sugar and salt to a simmer. Stir in the orange juice, lemon peel and lemon juice, increase the heat to medium and simmer for 50 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of water, working in batches if necessary, boil 6 empty 8-ounce jars for 10 minutes. When the jelly is ready, using tongs, transfer the jars to a clean, dry towel. Pour the jelly into the jars, filling within 1/2 inch of the rim. Cover with a clean cloth and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then screw on the lids and let sit at room temperature for 1 more hour. Refrigerate until using.
Using a food processor, grind the nuts and honey until the mixture starts to clump together. With the machine on, add the butter 1 piece at a time, mixing after each addition. Slowly drizzle in the peanut oil and process until the mixture is smooth and spreadable. Boil 6 jars, as in Step 2, and fill; you'll have some nut butter left for snacking.