Recipe by MacKenzie Smith
Start to Finish: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 34 wings
4 lb. chicken wings—wing tips removed, drumettes and flats separated and patted dry
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup honey
2 tbsp. sriracha
2 tbsp. vinegary hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot or Tabasco)
Chopped fresh cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Arrange the wings on the baking sheets in a single layer; season with salt. (For extra-crispy skin, let the wings stand at room temperature for 1 hour, then pat them dry again.)
2. Arrange racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 450°. Toss each sheet of wings with 1 tbsp. oil; season with salt. Roast the wings, reversing and rotating the baking sheets halfway through cooking, until crispy and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the honey, sriracha, and hot sauce; season with salt. Transfer 6 tbsp. of the hot honey sauce to a large bowl.
4. Transfer the wings from the baking sheets to the large bowl; toss until coated. Line the baking sheets with fresh foil. Return the wings to the baking sheets. Roast the wings until beginning to brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Return the wings to the large bowl. Add 6 more tbsp. of the sauce. Toss to coat the wings.
5. Arrange the wings on a platter. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with the remaining hot honey sauce for dipping.