Recipe by Sarah Karnasiewicz
This article originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 1 hour
Servings: 6 to 8
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 1/2 lb.), trimmed and cut into large florets
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 500°. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with 1 tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 3 tbsp. oil; season generously with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes. Scatter the green beans around the cauliflower. Roast until the cauliflower is browned at the edges and the green beans are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, maple syrup, raisins, and crushed red pepper to a boil over medium heat. Cook until syrupy, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish. Toss with the vinegar mixture and remaining 1 tbsp. oil; season. Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving, or keep covered at room temperature for up to 4 hours. Garnish with the parsley before serving.