- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Makes 68 meatballsServings
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 large red onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 lbs. 93%-lean ground turkey
- 5 large eggs
- 10 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the oats until finely ground; transfer to an extra-large bowl. Add the onions to the processor and pulse until very finely chopped; transfer to the bowl with the oats. Mix in the remaining ingredients and 1 tbsp. each salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 68 two-inch meatballs (about 3 scant tbsp. each). Arrange on the baking sheets.
3. Bake until the tops of the meatballs are golden, about 20 minutes. Turn each meatball over, rotate the baking sheets, and continue to bake until the meatballs are golden brown all over and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes more.
And... Freeze! Once you’ve cooked the meatballs, let them cool, then transfer them to gallon-size freezer bags. Freeze them for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to make one of the recipes inside, thaw the called-for number of meatballs overnight in the fridge or in the microwave, covered, for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on 50 percent power. Dinner’s on the table in half an hour or less!
Keep on rolling! Want even more meatball ideas? Head here for 20 more irresistible recipes.