- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 pounds chicken breasts and boneless thighs, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 20 - 24 dried apricots, chopped
- 5 - 6 sprigs thyme
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful), chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
In a large, deep skillet, heat the EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat, until hot. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in the skillet, turning once, until browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, then the chicken broth, apricots and thyme. Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the parsley, chives, lemon peel and lemon juice. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.