- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, such as Persian, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
In a medium saucepan with a lid, cook the barley in salted water according to package directions; rinse in cold water to cool. Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a blender, puree 1/2 cup feta with the oil and vinegar; season the dressing.
Toss the barley with the dressing and the remaining ingredients; season the salad.
Read now: The Gotta-Know Guide to Olives
Read now: Quick Hack for Cutting Cherry Tomatoes