- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion--3/4 thinly sliced, 1/4 diced
- 8 ounces uncured ham steak, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 9 large eggs
- 4 ounces shredded Gruyere
- 1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest plus 2 tbsp. juice
- 1 can (14 to 15.5 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil over medium-high. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, then stir in the ham and thyme. Spread evenly in the skillet.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese; pour over the ham mixture. Bake until golden brown and just set in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan. Lightly coat the asparagus with cooking spray. Grill, turning often, until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes; cut on an angle into 1-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon zest and juice with the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil; season. Add the asparagus and stir to coat. Mix in the beans, garlic and diced onion.
Cut the quiche into 6 wedges. Serve with the asparagus-cannellini salad.