- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Cracked black pepper, for garnish
Preheat a grill to high. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon, stirring frequently, over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to low, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar.
Brush the cut sides of the lettuce halves with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and grill cut side down until seared, about 1 minute. Serve the lettuce cut side up. Top with the bacon dressing, blue cheese and pepper.