- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion (about 1 onion)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey thigh meat
- 6 deli slices imported Swiss cheese (optional)
- 6 whole wheat burger buns, toasted
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix together the turkey and onion. Divide the mixture into six 4-inch diameter patties.
Grill the patties, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes total; top with cheese, if using, during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Assemble the burgers and serve immediately.