- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 4 ounces tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound small red or yellow-fleshed potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (eyeball it)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano-cheese (a couple of generous handfuls
Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to medium-high. Drizzle EVOO on both sides of the tuna steaks; season with salt and pepper.
In a medium pot, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans; cook for 4 minutes.
While the potatoes cook, using a food processor, puree the basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon peel, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. With the machine on, pour in the 1/3 cup EVOO in a steady stream. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl and stir in the cheese.
Grill the tuna steaks for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Drain the potatoes and beans, add to the pesto and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve alongside the tuna steaks.