- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak,trimmed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 large head romaine, chopped
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and carrots with 2 tsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast, turning halfway through, until browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or large, heavy skillet over medium-high. Rub the steak all over with the chili powder; season with salt. Cook the steak until browned, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar and the remaining 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. oil; season. Toss with the roasted vegetables, the romaine, cucumber and onion. Divide the salad among plates. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and arrange on top of the salad.