- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Grated peel of 1 lime, plus 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 6 ounce package shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime peel, lime juice, garlic and sugar; whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the steak in an 8-inch square baking dish and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the lime dressing. Turn to coat, then let marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill for 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let stand for 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the remaining dressing and the onion. Add the steak, lettuce, carrots and mint; season with salt and pepper and toss.