Recipe by Colu Henry
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp. lime zest plus 2 tbsp. juice (from about 1 lime)
3 scallions, trimmed
1 head red cabbage (about 1 lb.), cut into 8 wedges
1 head savoy cabbage (about 1 lb.), cut into 8 wedges
2 ears corn, husked
3 tbsp. plus 4 tsp. olive oil
3/4 lb. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 avocado, chopped
1. Prepare the grill for medium-high heat. In a bowl, whisk the mayo, sour cream, and lime zest and juice. Thin with 1 to 2 tbsp. water; season the crema with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the scallions to separate the light-green and dark-green parts. Leave the light greens in large pieces and slice the dark greens for garnish.
3. Brush the cabbage wedges, corn, and large scallion pieces with 3 tbsp. oil; season. Grill the corn and large scallion pieces, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, 5 minutes for the scallions and 10 minutes for the corn. Grill the cabbage until tender and charred in spots, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
4. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp, cumin, and the remaining 4 tsp. oil. Grill until charred in spots, 1 to 2 minutes per side; season.
5. Cut the cores from the cabbage wedges. Chop the cabbage and the grilled scallions. Slice the kernels from the ears of corn. In a large bowl, toss the grilled veggies, cilantro, and half the crema. Top with the shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with more crema. Sprinkle with the sliced scallion greens.