- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 seeded jalapeno chiles, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 32 extra-large shrimp (2 lbs.), peeled and deveined
- Freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, palm sugar (or brown sugar), scallions, shallots, jalapenos, fish sauce, garlic and sesame oil.
Preheat a grill to high. Transfer 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette to a large bowl; whisk in the grapeseed oil. Add the shrimp, season with pepper and toss to coat. Grill the shrimp, flipping halfway through, until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer the shrimp to a platter; drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette. Serve with the lime wedges.