- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees . In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and the ginger; brush on the baguette slices. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the sausages until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Drizzle the onion wedges with the balsamic vinegar; grill until softened and charred, about 4 minutes on each side.
In a medium bowl, add the greens, the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the cider vinegar; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with the sausages and onions. Serve with the crostini.