- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh basil
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
In a medium bowl, stir the yogurt, cucumber, mint and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Place a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil about 5 inches longer than the fish on a work surface. Arrange half the orange slices in the center of the foil. Place the fish on top, skin side down; season generously. Top with the remaining orange slices and the shallot and basil. Drizzle with the EVOO and vinegar. Top with another large foil sheet; crimp the edges to seal tightly. Repeat with two more large foil sheets, creating a double-layer packet. Refrigerate or pack over ice.
Heat a grill to medium-high. Add the foil packet and grill until a toothpick inserted through the foil into the fish meets no resistance, about 12 minutes. (Don't push the toothpick through the bottom layer of foil or the juices will run out!) Serve with the yogurt sauce.