- Prep Time
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, gills scraped
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling and brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup drained jarred giardiniera salad (pickled vegetable salad)
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced sweet sopressata
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hot ham, such as capicola
- 1 1 pound ball smoked mozzarella
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
Preheat a grill or broiler to medium-high. Brush the mushroom caps with EVOO, season with salt and pepper and grill, turning once, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, using a food processor, pulse the giardiniera and olives into a relish.
Layer the mushroom caps with the sopressata, provolone, hot ham, relish and mozzarella. Grill, covered, or broil the muffuletta pizzas until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Dress the greens with the lemon juice and a drizzle of EVOO; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the muffuletta pizzas.