- Prep Time
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1/2 inch thick, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. total)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ounce hazelnuts (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 pound red swiss chard, stemmed and shredded (about 8 cups)
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Preheat a small, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hazelnuts and toast, stirring frequently, until the skins are loosened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a dry kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove the skins; discard the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. in a bowl, whisk together the EVOO, vinegar; lemon zest and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 4 tsp. of the vinaigrette onto the pork chops, rubbing all over to coat. Oil the grate and grill the chops until grill marks appear on one side, about 3 minutes; flip and grill again until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the swiss chard with the remaining vinaigrette and the hazelnuts. Serve with the pork.