- 4 - 6 bone-in pork chops, each about 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- About 6 tbsp. EVOO
- About 3 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound ripe plums (about 6), chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- About 1/2 cup basil leaves (12 to 15), torn or shredded
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high. Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, combine about 4 tbsp. EVOO, 2 tbsp. vinegar, the rosemary, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Add the chops and turn to coat.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO, 1 tbsp. vinegar and the sugar. Toss the dressing with the plums, onion, basil and mint; season.
Grill the chops, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 145 degrees , about 10 minutes. Divide the chops among plates; top with the plum sauce.