- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce (2 packets) or other hot mustard
- 3 cups bite-size seedless yellow or red watermelon chunks (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 2 bunches watercress, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tail on
- 2 tablespoons duck sauce (3 packets)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a salad bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and mustard. Add the watermelon, watercress, scallions and bell pepper and toss; season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the duck sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and lime juice; toss to coat. Serve on top of the salad.