Recipe by Renae E. Wilson
This recipe originally appeared in our Summer 2021 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (leaves and tender stems), plus more leaves for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cans (14 oz. each) whole hearts of palm, drained
- 1 lemon, halved
In food processor, blend olives, herbs, and garlic. With processor running, slowly drizzle in 2/3 cup oil. Blend until olives are finely chopped; season. Halve the hearts of palm lengthwise; pat dry with paper towels. Heat remaining 2 tbsp. oil in grill pan over medium-high. Add hearts of palm and cook, working in batches if needed, until warmed through, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Add lemon to pan, cut-side down. Cook until grill marks form, about 2 minutes. Spread some tapenade on a platter and arrange hearts of palm on top. Drizzle with remaining tapenade and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with grilled lemon.