- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 6-8 ounces halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and halved strawberries (about 10 ounces)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and sugar.
Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on the halibut and season with salt and pepper. Add to the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until firm to the touch and grill marks appear, 7 to 8 minutes.
Stir the strawberries into the onion mixture, then toss with the lettuce; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the fish.