- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (a few sprigs)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 head escarole, coarsely chopped
- A little freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large can (24 to 28 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 1 wedge parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for shaving
- Warm, crusty bread, for serving
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Pat the chicken dry and drizzle with EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, turning, for 12 minutes. Drizzle half of the lemon juice over the chicken as it comes off the grill.
Heat 2 tbsp. EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, rosemary and thyme for a minute. Add the escarole and wilt in the pan; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the stock and beans and simmer until the greens are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and remaining lemon juice.
Serve the beans and greens in shallow bowls or on rimmed plates; top with 2 pieces of chicken each. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese on top. Serve with the crusty bread.