- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium mango, diced (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled ginger
- Juice of 2 limes (3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds jumbo shrimp (about 20), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro, plus cilantro sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Combine the mango, red onion, jalapeno, ginger, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Season to taste with salt.
Stir the salt and brown sugar into 1 quart of cold water until dissolved. Add the shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the chopped cilantro, honey, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes and wine and set aside.
Remove the shrimp from the brine and rinse thoroughly, then pat dry. Toss the shrimp with the marinade. Transfer the shrimp and marinade to a resealable plastic bag and marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat the broiler or a grill. Cook the shrimp until just cooked through, about 1-1/2 minutes per side. Arrange the shrimp on plates and top with the mango salsa and cilantro sprigs. Serve warm or at room temperature.