- Prep Time
- 1 chicken (3 1/2 lbs.), cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 day-old baguette, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tomatoes, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 lemon, halved
Preheat a grill to medium. Season the chicken. Grill, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 35 minutes.
Drizzle the cut sides of the baguette with EVOO. Grill, cut side down, covered, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Cut the bread into 1-inch pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, basil, feta and olives. Toss with 3 tbsp. EVOO; season.
Place the bread salad on a platter. Top with the chicken. Squeeze lemon over before serving.