- 2 lemons
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- About 8 tbsp. EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 5 - 6 cups baby kale, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled ricotta salata or feta
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 ribs celery (from the heart) with leafy tops, chopped
Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over medium-high.
Zest and halve the lemons. In a medium bowl, combine the zest, parsley, 5 tbsp. EVOO, the thyme, garlic and crushed red pepper. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning, until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
Drizzle the cut sides of the lemons with EVOO. Grill, cut side down, until charred, about 4 minutes. Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the chicken; slice the chicken.
In a large bowl, toss the kale, chickpeas, cheese, peppers, onion and celery with the juice from the remaining lemon and about 3 tbsp. EVOO; season. Serve the chicken with the salad.