- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head garlic, outer skin removed, top 1/2 inch cut off
- 2 teaspoons plus 6 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound shelled fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 pound spinach, stemmed
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 small heads baby romaine
- 1/4 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup kale chips
- 2 avocados--halved, pitted and quartered
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . On a sheet of foil, drizzle the garlic with 2 tsp. EVOO; wrap tightly. Roast until very soft, about 1 hour. Let cool. Squeeze the cloves into a food processor. Add the yogurt and 1/4 cup lemon juice; puree. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tbsp. lemon juice and the honey. Gradually whisk in the remaining 6 tbsp. EVOO; season the dressing.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus, beans, peas and spinach; press to submerge. Cook until the asparagus and beans are crisp-tender, 90 seconds; drain.
Divide the quinoa among 4 bowls. Top with the yogurt sauce, cooked vegetables, lettuce, cucumber, kale and avocado. Pour dressing on top.